Extending this year’s core festival programme, Art Sheffield 2013 plan to promote a selection of independent events, projects and exhibitions taking place around city during the festival period from 3 October to 14 December 2013. This year, the festival includes a city-wide curated exhibition, associated talks, walks and events programme and, for the first time, a Parallel Programme.
During the festival, Sheffield will attract many visitors from around the UK and beyond. The Parallel Programme aims to highlight a number of projects by artists, creative organisations and others during the festival that we believe will be of interest to audiences who have been drawn to the city to visit Art Sheffield 2013. These might include exhibitions, performances, music events, tours and more.
Proposals for Parallel Projects are welcomed from all fields of cultural activity including visual and performing arts, film, heritage, music, literature and spoken word. There is no requirement for your project to relate to the festival exhibition theme or be within the central exhibition area covered by the Art Sheffield map.
The small number of selected projects will be:
- Promoted as Parallel Projects in the Art Sheffield 2013 festival brochure and online
- Sign-posted to festival-goers with Art Sheffield 2013 branded venue signage
Before getting in touch you should ensure that your project is:
- Taking place in Sheffield or the surrounding area
- Taking place during the period of the festival (this can include one-off events and activities that span the festival’s start or end date)
To submit your project or proposal, please send us:
- An overview of your project including what it is and who is involved (no more than 150 words)
- At least one high quality image
- Details of dates, times, venue (including address)
- Details of audience capacity and ticket prices (if applicable)
- Link to website or other online presence
- A short overview of your organisation/your practice (if applicable)
- A short biography or CV of the artists/individuals involved
Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Parallel Programme’, or post to:
Art Sheffield 2013
c/o Site Gallery
1 Brown Street
The deadline is 5pm on Friday 19th July 2013
The small print….
- Art Sheffield 2013 is only able to provide this opportunity to a small number of projects.
- All projects submitted that are not selected as part of the Parallel Programme will be listed on the Art Sheffield website where they will be accessible to festival visitors.
- Art Sheffield cannot provide financial or planning support to Parallel Projects, we will support these activities through a boosted marketing presence under the festival umbrella.